The 2nd issue of the CLC newsletter in 2011
CLC newsletter: March, 2011 Issue 2 | www.chinalogisticsclub.com
It has been a busy year already with the first conference in Hong Kong completed earlier this month. The European logistics Club has their 2nd conference at the Multimodal in Birmingham on the 5-7th April. The big event after that is in Ningbo on the 17th – 19th May, a conference that is co-organized with the Ningbo Port Association and The Freight Summit China. We expect around 400 people will attend this conference. In cooperation with Great China Transport Logistics, we have organized the first Awards that recognize the SME freight forwarder as a VIP event after the conference on the evening of the 19th May.
From the 1st April Sally Ho, who has been with us for many years now are leaving us, we wish her all the very best for the future. Amy Kan has replaced her and we are sure she will look after the members as well as Sally has done. We have also added a full time accounting employee Natalie Poon, who will help us to manage the day accounting and administration. From the 1st April we will change the membership period from the 1st April to the 31st March; it will make our life much easier and enable us to keep the fees as low as they are. We will also make it possible to apply for 2 years with a discount, saving banking fees. The fee for 2 years is USD 750 offering a USD 50 discount.
GLS Insured members
More CLC members have successfully passed our stringent financial due diligence and been awarded the GLS Gold cover. We have also issued the first Silver Cover to our latest new member Aeromar, a wholesale NVOCC operator. This is a new company and without any financial track record we can only issue them the Silver Cover, which mean they have agreed to be monitored for one year before being offered the Gold Cover.
Below the list of the GLS covered members:
• Buenos Aires, Argentina: Sky Cargo SRL
• Shanghai, China: Lipsen International Freight System Co., Ltd.
• Shenzhen, China: Best Services International Freight Ltd.
• Frankenthal, Germany: TSI Internationale Speditions & Handels GmbH
• Hong Kong, Hong Kong: Globalwings Logistics (H.K.) Limited
• Hong Kong, Hong Kong: S.F. Systems (Group) Ltd.
• Hong Kong, Hong Kong: STL Logistics (Hong Kong) Ltd.
• Paris, France: Entreprise Pepete Services Plus (EPSP)
• Ikeja, Nigeria: Platinum Freight Forwarders Ltd.
• Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: BNM Freight Forwarders Co. Ltd.
• Immingham, United Kingdom: OceanBlue Logistics Ltd.
• London, United Kingdom: Jet International Transport Limited
• Kungsbacka, Sweden: IRT Logistics AB,
• Los Angeles, USA: All Logistics Cargo Inc.
• Phnom Penh, Cambodia: Sha Transport Express Co. Ltd.,
• Campinas – SP, Brazil: Fastway Global Logistica Ltda,.
• Kolkata, India: TLPL Shipping and Logistics PVT Ltd.,
• Los Angeles, USA: Clearfreight Inc.
• Rotterdam, Netherlands: Clearfreight B.V.
• Bangkok, Thailand: Belsped (Thailand) Co. Ltd.,
• Milano, Italy: Unitransports SRL.
• Lisbon, Portugal: Aponte a Bussola Ltda,.
• Cape Town, South Africa: Concargo PTY) Ltd.,
• Dakar, Ghana: Mercator Ghana Ltd.,
Please login as member on http://www.chinalogisticsclub.com, using your username and password to view the contact details of above members in the GLS Insured Members directory.
To apply and to know more about GLS insurance plan, please visit: http://www.glshield.com/
Recently following member(s) has joined our network; please extend your warm welcome to these new CLC member(s):
• Banksmeadow, Australia: AFL Ambassador
• Melbourne, Australia: Success Logistics Australia Pty Ltd.
• Prahran, Australia: TSL Australia
• Manama, Bahrain: Newtech International Cargo Services WLL (Nics)
• Campinas, Brazil: Fastway Global Logistica Ltda
• Shanghai, China: Easytrans International Express Co., Ltd.
• Shenzhen, China: Zhong Kuai Logistics Ltd.
• Cali, Colombi: Master Freight International Ltda
• Mörfelden-Walldorf, Germany: QCS-Quick Cargo Service GmbH
• Accra, Ghana: Racing Link Express Ltd.
• Hong Kong, Hong Kong: Aeromar Limited
• Hong Kong, Hong Kong: OnOn Shipping
• Hong Kong, Hong Kong: Skywin Worldwide Logistics Co Ltd.
• Hong Kong, Hong Kong: Whale Logistics Company Ltd.
• Budapest, Hungary: Air Sea Land Kft.
• Bologna, Italy: Fratelli Salvadori SRL
• Penang, Malaysia: Swiftrider SDN BHD
• Panama, Panama: Connexion Zona Libre
• Colombo, Sri Lanka: VVK Maritime Agencies (Pvt) Ltd.
• Los Angeles, USA: Unicargo Express, Inc. (USA)
Please login as member on http://www.chinalogisticsclub.com, using your username and password to view the contact details of these new members in the worldwide member’s directory.
Some members have decided not to renew the membership or have failed to pay for the membership renewal and we have therefore canceled the membership of the following companies:
• Karachi, Pakistan: Geo Cargo Management (Pvt.) Ltd.
• Manila, Philippines: Speedtrans International, Inc.
• New Delhi, India: Cargo Channels Pvt. Ltd.
We trust that you will show loyalty to the fully paid up members that actively contribute to the club by redirecting the business you may have with these canceled members.
From 1st January 2011 onwards CLC membership will be renewed or given to only companies that have got the approval for GLS Freight Protection Insurance (http://www.glshield.com).
Upcoming Logistics Events
At CLC, we always suggest our members to attend as many event(s) as possible every year in order to strengthen or establish business relationships. It is the one to one meetings that builds long time partnership, without them there is in our opinion little chance to develop business. CLC is organizing following event(s), please click on the event below to register and for further details about event :
Event Date: Tuesday, 5 April 2011 – Thursday, 7 April 2011
Venue: NEC BIRMINGHAM, UNITED KINGDOM
Event Date: Tuesday, 17 May 2011 – Thursday, 19 May 2011
We are glad to again join hands with Ningbo Port Association and hold our second conference in Ningbo. This year we are cooperating with The Freight Summit China, who is holding their first Freight Summit in China. The event will again be held at the Shangri La Hotel in Ningbo. There will also be an Award evening on the 19th May to honour the SME and independent forwarders. More information at: http://www.internationalforwardersawards.com/default.html
Event Date: Tuesday, 11 October 2011 - Friday, 14 October 2011.
This is the 3rd year we are holding our conference inside the Freight Summit event, enabling our members to meet other independent freight forwarders.
CLC Website – http://www.chinalogisticsclub.com/
Please remember that the Membership Directory on the website can only be kept up to date if you login on the website as member and review it as and when required OR inform us of any changes in your contact details or profile. Some of the members have yet not filled in their company profile, which act as an introduction of your organization to rest of the CLC members, so we urge them to either email us the profile or fill in under your membership account on CLC Website.
Members are entitled to use the CLC logo on stationery, website, marketing material etc. You can download low and high resolution versions of the CLC logo from our website http://www.chinalogisticsclub.com/clc-contact-us
CLC Member Login details
Each CLC member company is issued with a user name and password to access the Members’ only area on the website. This can be sent to you again if you do not have a note of this or existing one is not working for you.
Have fun, while networking and expanding your business with CLC. Feel free to provide us your suggestions.
With Best Wishes
China Logistics Club